Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Passion

"My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in the lack of control of them".
Jack Kerouac

Yesterday was an out of control mileage day. I started out the morning at 6am and hiked 20 miles to Hiker Town. As might seem to always be the case, the last 5 miles were brutal. The heat and wind were both over the top.

I will refrain from disparaging a service provided to PCT hikers by not describing the oasis that is not Hiker Town. But, I will say this, it didn't take much to convince me to plan on hiking out at 6pm.

Ambitious, yes it was. Night hiking for 17 miles to a halfway point among the windmills. A beautiful evening in the desert, the stars were at their finest. A little trail magic on the way. My daughter took this picture of my grandson opening up his birthday gift from me. Smokey the Bear.



At 130pm, down and out, another night of hiking and cowboy camping.
Total miles for day, 37 😳









My sunrise 😊

Good Morning....
-Rabbit on the PCT

1 comment: