Monday, May 30, 2016

Dirt paths

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt"
John Muir



Another day, another path along the PCT.

Every day I move thru the Southern California desert wilderness. Every day I get closer to the Sierra's. The struggle is to remain in the moment. The struggle is to not look beyond the path directly in front of me. Breathe, appreciate all that the desert offers.



Today, I will take note of lizards, I will search out the rattlesnakes, I marvel at the resilience of the desert flowers. When I find water in this dry landscape, I will revel in its being.

I will "endeavor to persevere" , but more then that, be thankful for the "dirt" path.



-Rabbit on the PCT

2 comments:

  1. Happy Memorial Day, Gilbert! While Memorial Day is to recognize those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, I do want to take a moment to thank you, for your service to our country. Now... stay away from rattlesnakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gilbert, I would like you permission to repost 'Dirt Paths' on a website I maintain with stories and images from the PCT (www.pcttrailsidereader.com). I would give you full credit and link to your blog. Let me know if that would be OK.

    ReplyDelete